- Become an apprentice
- Clean Energy Jobs
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) Program sponsors and Contractors
This page is being developed as a resource for apprenticeship program sponsors. Please contact your Consultant with any comments or suggestions on this page.
Submission process document for State Apprenticeship Task Force Letter of Support for “Department of Labor Grant”
The training fund grant for the 2014-2015 fiscal year.
These grants are for apprenticeship programs in the building and construction trades only.
- 2014 Grant announcement and instructions version
- 2014 Grant application version version
- Vendor data record - Form Std 204 (Rev 6/03) version
- Changes in California Code of Regulations section 230.1 regarding minimum dispatch hours for an apprentice
- DAS 2009-002 Residential Wages
- DAS 2009-001 How to determine prevailing rate of pay for your apprentice
- Program Sponsor Survey Results 2010 DAS would like to thank all who participated
- Letter announcing new apprentice cancellation process version
- DAS 5 Form (Rev 9/06) Request for Cancellation of Apprentice Agreement (For Cause) version version
- If you are looking to check the apprenticeship
status of an individual this database can give you the information you
- Search for what information is being displayed on the DAS web site about your program. please bring any changes to the attention of your Consultant.
- Completion counts for building trade programs last 5 years
- Average completion rates for apprenticeship programs by industry
- Self assessment & program improvement plan (DAS Form 2123) version version
- Cal Plan review report - DAS Form 740a version version
- Apprenticeship agreement DAS Form 1 - February 2012 version version
- Agreement to train apprentices DAS Form 7 - April 2014 version version
- Your apprenticeship committee DAS Form 101 - August 2008 version version
- Ratios: For all work, the ratio of Apprentices to Journeymen employed by the employer may not be more than one Apprentice to one Journeyman by contractor calculated at the end of the job. The ratio may not exceed three Apprentices to one Journeyman on a daily basis, and each individual contractor may not exceed the one to one ratio by the end of the job. There must always be Journeyman supervision of Apprentices and it is never appropriate to have Apprentices working without Journeyman Supervision;
- This ratio will apply to all work bid after January 1, 2008, or where the project is not subject to a bid process, where the contract for the work is entered into or the contract is executed after January 1, 2008.
- Note that the minimum ratio of 1 apprentice hour to each 5 journeyman hours established by labor code remains unchanged.
- Joint letter from the California Barber and Cosmetology Board & the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to barber and cosmetology programs. version
- Letter from the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to the barber and cosmetology programs regarding the new apprentice agreement approval process. version
- The barber / cosmetologist apprentice agreement DAS1 BC version version
Files in Adobe Acrobat PDF format are viewed with Abobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, you should download the free Acrobat Reader from Adobe's web site at www.adobe.com, download instructions are available on the Adobe web site. Once you have downloaded the Acrobat Reader you can view PDF documents in your web browser if it supports plug-ins or, if it does not support plug-ins, you can save the file(s) to your hard drive and view them by opening them in Acrobat Reader. Known Printing Problems.