Resources for Program Sponsors
Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
The newly enacted Workforce Investment and Opportunities Act (WIOA) provides increased funding opportunities for registered apprenticeship programs to supplement their apprentice training costs. To be eligible to receive these funds, approved programs must be placed on the State's Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL). If you are interested in being placed on the ETPL, you must complete the application: version
Once you have completed the application please email it to ETPL@dir.ca.gov for inclusion on the ETPL.
Training Fund Grants
The training fund grant for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
These grants are for apprenticeship programs in the building and construction trades only.
- 2016 Grant announcement and instructions version Sample Statement Sample Invoice
- 2016 Grant application version version
- Vendor data record - Form Std 204 (Rev 6/03) version
Apprentice Cancellation Process
- Letter announcing new apprentice cancellation process version
- DAS 5 Form (Rev 9/06) Request for Cancellation of Apprentice Agreement (For Cause) version version
- Apprentice Complaint Form – In many instances Apprentices have the right to appeal the Program's decision to terminate their agreement.
Minimum Industry Training Criteria
As of 2010, all crafts are required to include green components such as recycling and reuse of products to their minimum industry training criteria (MITC). Please refer to the MITC web page for detailed requirements.
Barber / Cosmetologist Agreement Approval Process
- Joint letter from the California Barber and Cosmetology Board & the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to barber and cosmetology programs. version
- Letter from the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to the barber and cosmetology programs regarding the new apprentice agreement approval process. version
- The barber / cosmetologist apprentice agreement DAS1 BC version version
Publications, Reports, and Forms
- Completion counts for building trade programs last 5 years
- Average completion rates for apprenticeship programs by industry
- Excerpt from Roofer Ratio Change Letter November 2007
- Self assessment & program improvement plan (DAS Form 2123) version version
- Cal Plan review report - DAS Form 740a version version
- Apprenticeship agreement DAS Form 1 - February 2012 version version
- Agreement to train apprentices DAS Form 7 - April 2014 version version
- Your apprenticeship committee DAS Form 101 - August 2008 version