- Index of Cal/OSHA services
- File a workplace safety complaint
- Learn about worker rights
- Obtain a free consultation
- Report an accident or injury
Permissible exposure limits (PELs) for airborne contaminants
2012 and 2013 Meetings
General Industry Safety Orders
Chapter 4, subchapter 7,
Health Expert Advisory Committee (HEAC) and Feasibility Advisory Committee (FAC) Meetings
Comments and questions about these meetings and substances should be emailed to Steve Smith or call 916-574-2993
December 6, 2012 meeting date is CANCELED.
1st meeting of the next round of the HEAC and FAC process will be scheduled in early 2013.
May 31, 2012 17th meeting of the Health Expert Advisory Committee (HEAC)
This 17th HEAC meeting will be held in Oakland starting at 9:30 am and is an open public forum to be attended by HEAC members along with any interested parties. The meeting will be held in Room 1304 on the 13th floor of 1515 Clay St in Oakland. The substances listed below are planned for possible discussion:
- Aluminum welding fume
- Hydrogen sulfide
- 4 phthalates [dibutyl phthalate (DBP), di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP), di-n-hexyl phthalate (DnHP)]
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) dust
- Trimellitic anhydride
- Vanadium pentoxide
In addition to the substances listed above, discussion is also planned on review of the PEL Project to date and future substances for possible inclusion in the project.