DLSE publications Go to Forms pagePublications available in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print. To obtain a DLSE publication by mail, contact your local DLSE office.
Manuals and handbooks
- Child Labor Law pamphlet ( Pdf Version)
- Summary tables of requirements and restrictions arranged by age and summary of penalties
- The laws relating to the time, manner, and payment of wages
- Retaliation and discrimination complaints - A summary of procedures (English) (1/2011) ( Pdf Version)
- Retaliation and discrimination complaints - A summary of procedures (Spanish) (1/2011)
- Retaliation and discrimination complaints - A summary of procedures (Chinese) (1/2011)
- Retaliation and discrimination complaints - A summary of procedures (Korean) (1/2011)
- Policies and procedures for wage claim processing
- Overview of Bureau of Field Enforcement (2/2013)
Notices and posters
- Independent contractors
- Rest and Meal Periods/Lactation Accommodation (Rev. 1/2011)
- DLSE opinion letters referenced in the 2002 Enforcement Policies and Interpretations Manual only
- DLSE opinion letters (all):
Pursuant to Executive Order S-2-03, the DLSE opinion letters and the Enforcement Policies and Interpretations Manual are currently under review to determine their legal force and effect and to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Administrative Procedures Act. Please note, in addition, that DLSE opinion letters are advice in specific cases only.
If you believe that a section of the Enforcement Policies and Interpretations Manual or an opinion letter needs to be reviewed to determine if it should go through the regulatory process pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act, please submit your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the specific manual section or opinion letter number and explain your specific concerns.
The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement comments mailbox account (email@example.com) has been established solely to take comments on the enforcement manual and opinion letters. All comments will be read and considered, but no responses to questions or specific advice will be provided.
DLSE news releases
In order to offer you as much information as possible, the DLSE website contains several sources for assistance. We recommend that you access basic information provided in our general information lines. Please also check other links to information provided on this site, such as Frequently Asked Questions and Forms which contain information sheets and brochures on many subject matters that are often the topic of questions, and the How To File a Claim sections. In most cases, you will find an answer to your question. If, after reviewing all the information offered at these links, you still can't find the answer to your question regarding wage, hour and labor law, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.