- Become an apprentice
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
- Refinery Safety Curriculum
Division of Apprenticeship Standards
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) creates opportunities for Californians to gain employable lifetime skills and provides employers with a highly skilled and experienced workforce while strengthening California's economy.
Become an Apprentice
Learn About Apprenticeship Programs
California Apprenticeship Council
The California Apprenticeship Council council holds open quarterly meetings to support apprenticeships in California. The council provides policy advice on apprenticeship matters to the Director of Industrial Relations, issues rules and regulations, and conducts appeals hearings.
Public Works refers to construction projects that are paid for with public funds, or in some cases using both public and private funds.
One of the legal requirements for a Public Works project is the employment of apprentices. The Division of Apprenticeship Standards provides assistance to contractors in employing apprentices on Public Works sites.Learn More
- Memo Announcing New Grant Opportunity RFA No. 16-191
- RFA No. 16-191: California Apprenticeship Initiative (CAI) New and Innovative Grant Program
- California Apprenticeship Initiative (CAI) New and Innovative Grant Program Webpage
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 3rd quarter 2016
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 2nd quarter 2016
- Equity Partners to Increase Opportunities in Registered Apprenticeship
- CWDB Initiatives: Workforce Accelerator Fund
- More News and Announcements