- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement
Occupational Safety & Health Standards Board (OSHSB)
The mission of the Occupational Safety & Health Standards Board is to promote, adopt, and maintain reasonable and enforceable standards that will ensure a safe and healthful workplace for California workers.
The Occupational Safety & Health Standards Board, a seven-member body appointed by the Governor, is the standards-setting agency within the Cal/OSHA program. The Standards Board's objective is to adopt reasonable and enforceable standards at least as effective as federal standards. The Standards Board also has the responsibility to grant or deny applications for variances from adopted standards and respond to petitions for new or revised standards. The part-time, independent board holds monthly meetings throughout California.
- Section 3385
Strap-On Foot Protectors
Notification of proposed modification (comments due by 5/27/2013)