Welcome to the WCAB Forum. In the weeks and months ahead, the WCAB will be proposing a variety of new and revised regulations as well as other documents/items. Many of these are required by recent legislation and some are part of our ongoing process of updating and refining documents.
However, before the rulemaking process is formally put into motion by the scheduling of public hearings on our proposals or before the documents/forms are finalized and/or made available for use in the compensation community, we want to hear from you. We also want you to be able to benefit from reading and responding to the comments of others.
This unique message board is our attempt at harnessing the power of the internet to improve community input into the process of developing and adopting regulations and other documents used in the state's workers' compensation system and to increase public participation in this process. A separate forum for DWC proposals may be viewed at http://www.dir.ca.gov/wcjudicial.htm
All messages are reviewed by the forum moderator before posting. The moderator will generally not respond to messages posted, but may do so if it seems appropriate. Other than that, the rules for participating in these forums are simple and mostly common sense.
- Please use your real name and include a valid email address. Although your email address will not be posted, we might want to contact you to discuss your ideas further or to clarify some items.
- Keep your comments reasonably brief and related to the topic at hand. The system limits each message to a maximum of 3,800 characters. Anything beyond that cannot be submitted. If you wish to provide us with lengthier, more indepth comments, you may mail them to Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, POB 429459, San Francisco CA 94142-9459, Attn: WCAB Forum.
- Comments will be accepted on each of the topics posted in a particular forum until the end date, which will be specified at the top of that topic, generally about 30 days after posting.
- The purpose of the message board is to solicit opinions from the public regarding the proposal posted. Therefore, your comments should relate only to the proposal that is posted. In order to protect the privacy rights of others, do not set forth any individuals' names or data concerning an injury that is linked to a uniquely identifiable employee, employer, claims administrator or other person pursuant to Labor Code Section 138.7. If your comments contain any individuals' names or data concerning an injury that is linked to a uniquely identifiable employee, employer, claims administrator or other person pursuant to Labor Code Section 138.7, the reference(s) will be removed by the moderator.
- Do not post defamatory material, profanity or ads. The moderator will remove personal attacks, defamatory material, profanity or ads from messages before they are posted.
- This is not the proper place to post complaints about the workers' compensation system in general or regarding a specific case.
DISCLAIMER: The WCAB is not responsible for the opinions posted on the site. The opinions posted on the site are not endorsed by the WCAB. The WCAB does not make any representation regarding the accuracy of the comments posted.