- Make a Payment
- Complete my Self Insurer's Annual Report
- Actuarial Summary
- Get information about self insurance and the requirements to self insure
- Apply to become self insured
- Get information on posting a security deposit for self insurance
- Apply to take the Self Insurance Administrator's examination
- Public Records Act (PRA)
- Determine if an employer is self insured
- Access self insurance regulations
- Receive notices about OSIP rulemaking
- Determine if a person is a self insured administrator
- Self-Insurers' Security Fund
- California Self Insurers' Association
- Self Insurance Institute of America
- California WC & Risk Conference
OSIP Audit Unit
How to Prepare for an Audit
You have received the notice of a Phase I audit from OSIP. The following tips will help make the audit process go smoother and quicker:
1. Timely provide copies of the claim logs and list of claims administrators requested to OSIP.
You have received the notice of a Phase II audit from OSIP. The following tips from OSIP auditors will help make the audit process go smoother and quicker:
- Make sure that there is someone to meet the auditor when the audit begins
- Provide computer logins and passwords to the auditor before or upon arrival at the audit site.
- Provide a quiet, clean place for the auditor to work.
- Provide access in and out of the building and the restrooms.
- Provide claim files that are organized and complete. If you are using a paperless system, be sure all documents are appropriately labeled.
- Provide all volumes of the claim files.
- Make sure the claims file has a lien log and/or lien section for unresolved bills/liens.
- Make sure that reserves are adjusted at least once a year and noted in the reserve history.
- If a claim file selected for audit is a companion file, be prepared to provide the master file.
- Give the auditor access to all portions of the claims software(s) used by the claims administrator.
- Remove computer time-outs.
- When asked for a claims log, only provide information required per 8CCR§ 15400.1, 10103 and 10103.1.
- Provide all claims requested, including closed claims.
- Once provided a notice of finding, discuss any disputes with the auditor within the next couple of days.
- Advise employers of and invite them to the post-audit conference.