Electrician certification program
Existing law requires that persons performing work as electrician under a C-10 licensed contractor be certified pursuant to certification standards established by the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. “Electricians” is defined as all persons who engage in the connection of electrical devices for electrical contractors licensed pursuant to Section 7058 of the Business and Profession Code, specifically, contractors classified as electrical contractors in the Contractors State License Board Rules and Regulations [Labor Code § 108 (c)].
- Test taking information
- Candidate Info Bulletin (CIB)
- Exam and Code Book Glossary of Terms in English/ Spanish
- Labor Code 108 - 108.5
- CCR Regulations Title 8 § 290 - 296.4
- Enforcement Labor Code 108.2
- Legislative Actions and Regulations
- Electrician certification status search tool
- List of certified electricians
- List of electrician trainees
- Who needs to be certified and who is eligible?
- Continuing Education Providers for Certification
- Approved on-the-job training programs for nonresidential lighting technicians
- Certification Forms
- Only print single sided copies.
- Only print out form when completely finished, otherwise you will not be able to print the completed application.
- If you write out the answers, make sure your writing is readable. If not, this may cause a delay in processing your form.
- Fill out the form completely.
- What is an electrician trainee?
- Guides on how to become an Electrician Trainee
- Electrician Trainee Approved Schools
- Electrician Trainee Forms
Department of Industrial Relations
Attn: Electrician Certification Unit
PO Box 420603
San Francisco, CA 94142
Phone: (510) 286-3900
Fax: (510) 286-3917
- A new exam will become effective on June 2, 2014. This exam will be based on the NEC 2011 code book and other references may be used in addition with the code book. If you plan to take the exam and or will schedule your exam date prior to June 2, 2014, the current NEC 2008 code book will be used with reference materials stated on the current candidate information bulletin(CIB) http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/ECU/CandidateInfoBulletin.htm. The CIB gives you test taking information such as scheduling your exam, rescheduling and cancelling your exam, the content, references, and special accommodations. Please refer to this bulletin before you take the new updated exam on June 2, 2014.
- Electrician Certification and Electrician Trainee forms that are fillable and printable.
- Electrical Exam Overview 2014