- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers
Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation
The most extensive and potentially far-reaching efforts undertaken by the Commission are the ongoing studies of workers' compensation permanent disability in California.
The manner in which California rates and compensates injured workers for total and partial permanent disability has enormous impact on the adequacy of their benefits, their ability to return to gainful employment, the smooth operation of the Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) adjudication system, and the cost of the workers' compensation system to employers.
Incorporating public fact-finding hearings and discussions with studies by RAND and other independent research organizations, the CHSWC projects focus on policy issues regarding how California workers are compensated for permanent disability incurred on the job. These efforts are assisted by a CHSWC permanent disability policy advisory committee, comprised of interested members of the workers' compensation community. This section also covers temporary disability benefit issues.
- Memorandum to Christine Baker, Executive Officer of CHSWC regarding "Analysis of ratings under the new PD schedule, through June 2007 version version
- Memorandum to Christine Baker, Executive Officer of CHSWC regarding "Analysis of ratings under the new PD schedule, through January 2007 version version
- Evaluate and Identify Impact of Changes to the Temporary Disability Benefit, 2007 version version
- CHSWC report: Permanent disability schedule analysis, February 23, 2006 version
- Report: An evaluation of California's permanent disability rating system, RAND, 2005 full report version - summary version
- Evaluation of California's permanent disability rating schedule: Interim report, RAND, December 2003 version
- Compensating Permanent Workplace Injuries: A Study of the California System, RAND, 1998 version
- Findings and Recommendations on California's Permanent Partial Disability System, RAND, 1998 version - version
- Permanent Disability - Private Self-Insured - A study of earnings loss, replacement, and RTW for
workers' compensation claimants, RAND, 2001 version
- Trends in earnings loss from disabling workplace injuries in California: The role of economic conditions,
RAND, 2001 version