- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers
CHSWC Commission Member
Appointed by: The Speaker of the Assembly
Term Expires: December 31, 2017
Shelley Kessler is the Executive Secretary-Treasurer of the San Mateo County Central Labor Council which represents 110 affiliated local unions and over 70,000 working member families. She has been at the Labor Council for 29 years, first as the political director and currently as the head of the organization. She is a 32-year member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, as well as a Vice-President of the California State Labor Federation.
Her experience in working on the floor at General Motors, Fremont, CA and Westinghouse Electric, Sunnyvale, CA, compelled her to become involved in worker health and safety issues. She joined the boards of the Santa Clara Center for Occupational Safety and Health, Worksafe, and later the advisory board of the Labor Occupational Health Program at UC Berkeley in order to pursue her concerns for worker protections.
Ms. Kessler holds two Bachelor of Arts degrees from Sonoma State University (with additional trainings from eclectic sources).
Go to Commission Members Main Page