- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers
Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation
State of California
CHSWC has established a Schools Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) model program, the California School Action for Safety and Health (SASH), to help schools statewide improve their injury and illness prevention practices.
The SASH Resource Center is located at UC Berkeley's Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP). In collaboration with UCLA's Labor Occupational Safety and Health (LOSH) Program, the Resource Center is available to help school districts find additional information and obtain assistance after SASH trainings.
The Resource Center offers SASH materials to help school employees identify and address health and safety issues in the school environment. Materials will include:
- An online template for writing an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan, with an accompanying Guidebook.
- Factsheets on hazards commonly found in schools.
- Checklists and other tools to help identify problems, investigate and learn from accidents, and keep track of safety activities.
- Tip sheets for employees on the hazards and solutions for their particular occupation.
- A poster for school employees promoting their involvement in safety activities.
- An online Resource Guide that provides additional school-related materials on particular hazards/issues and a list of agencies and organizations.
- Referrals to state and local health and safety agencies.
|Labor Occupational Health Program (LOHP)
University of California, Berkeley
2223 Fulton Street, 4th Floor
Berkeley, CA 94720-5120
|Labor Occupational Safety and Health Program (LOSH)
University of California, Los Angeles
10945 LeConte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1478