- CHSWC research reports
- Current CHSWC Annual Report of programs and data
- Guidebook for Injured Workers
- Guides about filing workers' comp claims
- Carve-Out/Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Young workers and workers' compensation
- Meetings, information bulletins and subscribtions to CHSWC
- Frequently asked questions about workers' comp for employers
School Action for Safety and Health (SASH) Program
California school districts face a number of occupational safety and health issues, In some cases, school districts have been fined by Cal/OSHA when health and safety issues result in violations of Cal/OSHA standards. Maintenance and operations departments and other school employees are working to address these problems in a climate of reduced funding.
CHSWC has established a Schools Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) model program, the California School Action for Safety and Health (SASH), to help schools statewide improve their injury and illness prevention practices. The program will include training and resources to enable schools or school districts to develop or improve IIPPs and to make other health and safety improvements that will help protect school or school district employees from injuries and illnesses on the job. The target audience will focus on K-12 schools and school districts at high risk of occupational injury and illness.
For more information about the SASH Resource Center at LOHP at UC Berkeley and the Southern California training partner, at LOSH at UCLA.
The School Action for Safety and Health (SASH) Program is a statewide initiative to help school districts reduce the high rate of work-related injuries and illnesses among school employees.
The SASH Program thanks the following agencies and organizations for their involvement in shaping the SASH Program activities and materials:
- California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO)
- California’s Coalition for Adequate School Housing (CASH)
- California Department of Education
- California Federation of Teachers (CFT)
- California School Employees Association (CSEA)
- California Teachers Association (CTA)
- Contra Costa County Schools Insurance Group
- Keenan & Associates
- North Bay Schools Insurance Authority
- San Diego County Schools Risk Management JPA
- Schools Insurance Authority