- Make a Payment
- Get information about self insurance and the requirements to self insure
- Apply to take the Self Insurance Administrator's examination
- Determine if an employer is self insured
- Determine if a person is a self insured administrator
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Self-Insurers' Security Fund
- California Self Insurers' Association
- Self Insurance Institute of America
- California WC & Risk Conference
Public Records Act Requests
Public records maintained by the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) are available for inspection by members of the public pursuant to the Public Records Act (PRA) which is contained in the California Government Code beginning at section 6250.
Requests for public records:
- Whenever possible, a request should provide the following information:
- name and/or certificate number of the self insured entity
- type of records being requested
- the period of time for which the records are being sought
- Title 8, Chapter 8, Subchapter 2, Article 9, Section 15405 provides information on confidentiality and specific records that are not public records. Due to confidentiality requirements, OSIP’s files are not open for direct inspection by the public. Requests for copies of public records are handled by (OSIP) personnel and counsel.
- Requests may be made to:
Janna Toy, PRA Coordinator
Office of Self Insurance Plans
11050 Olson Drive, Suite 230
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone: (916) 464-7079
Some simple requests can be satisfied immediately. For most requests, DIR requires up to ten days to notify the requester whether DIR has responsive records, when they will be available for inspection, the cost of providing copies, and whether any of the records contain information that is exempt from inspection. Under some circumstances, DIR requires an additional 14 days to make those initial determinations.
The first ten pages are provided at no cost. Each additional page will be 19 cents. Additional costs may be involved with producing records for electronic data requests involving data compilation, extraction or programming.
Payments may be made by check or money order to the “Department of Industrial Relations” and mailed to the Office of Self Insurance Plans PRA Coordinator.