Helpful Resources for Individual Employees with Concerns or Complaints

Do you need to file an individual wage claim?

Click here to learn more about filing a wage claim with the Labor Commissioner's Office*

Some of the reasons that a current or former employee may file an individual wage claim include:

  • Unpaid wages, including overtime, commissions, and bonuses
  • Wages paid by checks issued with insufficient funds
  • Final paychecks not received
  • Unused vacation hours that were not paid upon termination of the employment relationship, e.g., a quit, discharge, or layoff.
  • Unauthorized deductions from paychecks
  • Meal and rest period violations

Have you experienced discrimination and/or retaliation in the workplace?
Learn how to file a retaliation/discrimination complaint with the Labor Commissioner's Office

Do you need to report a workplace health or safety issue?
Learn how to file a workplace health or safety complaint with Cal/OSHA

* Also known as the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).