Dept. of Industrial Relations logo

Minors Employed in the Entertainment Industry

Minors aged 15 days to 18 years employed in the entertainment industry must have a permit to work, and employers must have a permit to employ.  PLEASE NOTE, however, that these permits are not issued by the Licensing and Registration Unit. Both permits can be issued by any DLSE District Office with a dedicated Entertainment Permit Unit Office located in Van Nuys. Please refer to for specific information on minors and employment.