Janitorial Registration Required Documents

Please note:

  • If you are renewing your license, submit your application at least 90 days before your license expires.
  • If you are submitting your application online, the documents listed below should be saved as legible PDFs in order to attach them. 

Before you submit your application, you should have ready the following required documents:

✓ Copies of your:
  • Fictitious Business Name Statement(s) (doing business as (DBA)) for any business name(s) you use or intend to use,
  • State Employer Identification Number (SEIN) or application for it.
  • Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or application for it.
  • Articles of Incorporation, if you are a corporation.
  • Articles of Organization, if you are a limited liability company (LLC).
  • Certificate of Limited Partnership, if you are a limited partnership.
  • Secretary of State Statement of Information, if you are a corporation or LLC.
✓Complete excel list in the format below: ✓Proof of your workers’ compensation coverage - one of the following:
  • A valid workers’ compensation insurance certificate which must include the following:
    • The complete and correct name of the legal entity that is the insured employer, including fictitious business names and the complete and correct address for each location,
    • Identify the certificate holder as:
      • Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
        Registration Services
        1515 Clay Street, STE 1902
        Oakland, CA 94612
  • Certificate of authority to self-insure.
  • If contracting with an employee leasing company, a current workers’ compensation insurance certificate that is provided to you by the employee leasing company.
  • If you do not have workers’ compensation insurance because you do not employ one or more employees, you must disclose the reason for your exemption in the application for registration.
✓Contracting with an employee leasing company?
Employee leasing companies that engage in providing janitorial services must be registered with the Labor Commissioner.
  • If you are contracting with an employee leasing company, submit the following with your application:
    • A copy of your signed contract with the employee leasing company.
    • The employee leasing company’s valid workers’ compensation insurance certificate.

August 2022