- Become an apprentice
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
- Refinery Safety Curriculum
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) Program sponsors and Contractors
This page is being developed as a resource for apprenticeship program sponsors. Please contact your Consultant with any comments or suggestions on this page.
Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
The newly enacted Workforce Investment and Opportunities Act (WIOA) provides increased funding opportunities for registered apprenticeship programs to supplement their apprentice training costs. To be eligible to receive these funds, approved programs must be placed on the State's Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL).
As the state apprenticeship approval agency, DAS is responsible for maintaining the apprenticeship portion of the ETPL.
If you are interested in being placed on the ETPL, you must complete the application available to download here on the DAS website. Once you have completed the application please email it to ETPL@dir.ca.gov for inclusion on the ETPL. version
Training Fund Grants
The training fund grant for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
These grants are for apprenticeship programs in the building and construction trades only.
- 2016 Grant announcement and instructions version Sample Statement Sample Invoice
- 2016 Grant application version version
- Vendor data record - Form Std 204 (Rev 6/03) version
- Changes in California Code of Regulations section 230.1 regarding minimum dispatch hours for an apprentice
- DAS 2009-002 Residential Wages
- DAS 2009-001 How to determine prevailing rate of pay for your apprentice
Employment Development Department
- Program Sponsor Survey Results 2010 DAS would like to thank all who participated
Apprentice cancellation process
- Letter announcing new apprentice cancellation process version
- DAS 5 Form (Rev 9/06) Request for Cancellation of Apprentice Agreement (For Cause) version version
- Apprentice Complaint Form – In many instances Apprentices have the right to appeal the Program’s decision to terminate their agreement.
- If you are looking to check the apprenticeship
status of an individual this database can give you the information you
- Search for what information is being displayed on the DAS web site about your program. please bring any changes to the attention of your Consultant.
- Completion counts for building trade programs last 5 years
- Average completion rates for apprenticeship programs by industry
- Self assessment & program improvement plan (DAS Form 2123) version version
- Cal Plan review report - DAS Form 740a version version
- Apprenticeship agreement DAS Form 1 - February 2012 version version
- Agreement to train apprentices DAS Form 7 - April 2014 version version
- Your apprenticeship committee DAS Form 101 - August 2008 version version
Apprentice : Journeyman Roofer Ratio
- Ratios: For all work, the ratio of Apprentices to Journeymen employed by the employer may not be more than one Apprentice to one Journeyman by contractor calculated at the end of the job. The ratio may not exceed three Apprentices to one Journeyman on a daily basis, and each individual contractor may not exceed the one to one ratio by the end of the job. There must always be Journeyman supervision of Apprentices and it is never appropriate to have Apprentices working without Journeyman Supervision;
- This ratio will apply to all work bid after January 1, 2008, or where the project is not subject to a bid process, where the contract for the work is entered into or the contract is executed after January 1, 2008.
- Note that the minimum ratio of 1 apprentice hour to each 5 journeyman hours established by labor code remains unchanged.
Barber / cosmetologist agreement approval process
- Joint letter from the California Barber and Cosmetology Board & the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to barber and cosmetology programs. version
- Letter from the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to the barber and cosmetology programs regarding the new apprentice agreement approval process. version
- The barber / cosmetologist apprentice agreement DAS1 BC version version
Files in Adobe Acrobat PDF format are viewed with Abobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, you should download the free Acrobat Reader from Adobe's web site at www.adobe.com, download instructions are available on the Adobe web site. Once you have downloaded the Acrobat Reader you can view PDF documents in your web browser if it supports plug-ins or, if it does not support plug-ins, you can save the file(s) to your hard drive and view them by opening them in Acrobat Reader. Known Printing Problems.
Revised July 29, 2016