Dept. of Industrial Relations logo
Department of Industrial Relations (DIR)

Helpful Resources for Individual Employees with Concerns or Complaints

Do you need to file an individual wage claim?

Click here to learn more about filing a wage claim with the Labor Commissionerís Office*

Some of the reasons that a current or former employee may file an individual wage claim include:

  • Unpaid wages, including overtime, commissions, and bonuses
  • Wages paid by checks issued with insufficient funds
  • Final paychecks not received
  • Unused vacation hours that were not paid upon termination of the employment relationship, e.g., a quit, discharge, or layoff.
  • Unauthorized deductions from paychecks
  • Meal and rest period violations

Have you experienced discrimination and/or retaliation in the workplace?
Learn how to file a retaliation/discrimination complaint with the Labor Commissionerís Office

Do you need to report a workplace health or safety issue?
Learn how to file a workplace health or safety complaint with Cal/OSHA

* Also known as the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).