| Return to index
(a) Exposure Measurements.
The employer shall maintain an accurate record of all employee exposure measurements required by Section 5097(b).
(b) Audiometric Tests.
(1) The employer shall retain all employee audiograms obtained pursuant to Section 5097(c) and (d).
(2) This record shall include:
(A) Name and job classification of the employee.
(B) Date of the audiogram.
(C) The examiner's name.
(D) Date of the last acoustic or exhaustive calibration of the audiometer.
(E) Employee's most recent noise exposure assessment.
(c) Audiometric Test Rooms.
The employer shall maintain accurate records of the measurements required by Appendix C, Audiometric Test Rooms, of the background sound pressure levels in audiometric test rooms.
(d) Record Retention. The employer shall retain records required in this section for at least the following periods:
(1) Noise exposure measurement records shall be retained for 2 years.
(2) Audiometric test records shall be retained for the duration of the affected employee's employment.
(e) Access to Records. All records required by this section shall be provided upon request to employees, former employees, representatives designated by the individual employee and any authorized representative of the Chief of the Division. The provisions of Sections 3204(a)-(g) and (h) apply to access to records required by this section.
(f) Transfer of Records. If the employer ceases to do business, the employer shall transfer to the successor employer all records required to be maintained by this section, and the successor employer shall retain them for the remainder of the period prescribed in Section 5100(d).
NOTE: Authority and reference cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 10-3-83; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 83, No. 41).