| Return to index
(b) All necessary first-aid materials shall be provided at any active camp, mill, log landing, or other active operation and shall consist in part of a rigid stretcher, 2 acceptable blankets (1 blanket for warmth and 1 waterproof blanket), and a first-aid kit. The blankets and the contents of the first-aid kit shall be kept in dustproof and moisture proof containers.
(c) Crew vehicles shall carry a first-aid kit. First-aid kits shall be kept fully supplied.
(d) First-aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training shall be provided as follows:
(1) At fixed sawmill facilities, the employer shall maintain personnel certified to provide first aid and CPR, so that these services will be readily available in the event of a medical emergency. Those required to be certified shall include those persons in charge of the work and other employees as are necessary to ensure timely first aid/CPR response. Standards for first aid and CPR training shall follow the principles of the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or other nationally recognized agency.
(2) At logging operations and portable sawmill operations, employers shall
arrange to have each employee trained so they have a valid first-aid and CPR
certificate issued by the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association,
or other nationally recognized agency. Provided a person or persons having a
valid first aid and CPR certificate are readily accessible at the work site
to render first aid, new employees shall receive the required training within
six months from the date of hire.
Exception: Log truck drivers are not required to receive first-aid and CPR training if they are not involved with falling, yarding, skidding, or processing logs.
(e) Adequate transportation to medical care shall be arranged and made available for injured persons at all camps, mills, log landings, or other operations. Such transportation shall be of a nature to render comfort to the injured. Employees requiring the use of a stretcher or whose injuries are of an otherwise serious nature shall be accompanied to medical attention by a competent person in addition to the vehicle driver.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 3-21-80; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 12).
2. Amendment filed 10-10-80; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 41).
3. Amendment filed 2-6-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 6).
4. Amendment filed 10-24-01; operative 11-23-01 (Register 2001, No. 43).
5. Amendment of subsections (d) and (d)(1) filed 8-9-2005; operative 9-8-2005
(Register 2005, No. 32).