This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov
. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at https://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html
Subchapter 7. General Industry Safety Orders
Group 18. Explosives and Pyrotechnics
Article 113. Explosives and Pyrotechnics
§5248. Blasting Accident Reports and Procedures.
(a) In the event of a blasting accident or unusual occurrence affecting the safety
of employees in which explosive materials are involved, whether or not personal
injury is sustained, the employer shall within 24 hours forward a report of the
incident to the Division.
(b) The report shall state:
(1) The names and license numbers of all blasters involved.
(2) The names and occupations of any employees injured.
(3) The type of explosive materials, detonator, and method or methods of detonation
of explosive materials.
(4) A factual account of events pertinent to the accident.
(c) In any blasting incident in which serious personal injury is sustained, there
shall be no continuation of the blasting operation involved until such time as
the Division has completed its investigation or authorized resumption of work.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 7-11-2003; operative 8-10-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
Go Back to Article 113 Table of Contents