|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
Article 2. Applications for Permanent Variances and Appeals from Temporary Variances
| Return to index
(a) Any employer or other persons adversely affected by the granting or denial of a temporary variance by the Division may appeal the Division's decision to the Board.
(b) Such appeal from a temporary variance shall be in writing and shall include:
(1) The name and address of the appellant;
(2) The address of the place or places of employment involved;
(3) A specification of the temporary variance in question and of the standard or portion thereof from which the variance was allowed or denied and the grounds upon which it is based; and
(4) A statement of facts which shows that the appellant is either the affected employer or is a person adversely affected by the granting or denial of the temporary variance.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 143.2, Labor Code. Reference: Section 6455, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 7-19-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 30).
2. Editorial correction of printing error in subsection (a) (Register 94, No. 2).
Go Back to Article 2 Table of Contents