Article 6. Administration of Permanent Amusement Ride Program
(Permanent Amusement Rides Administrative Regulations)
| Return to index
(a) This Article governs permanent amusement rides operated anywhere in the State of California.
(b) This Article does not apply to any of the following:
(1) Any playground operated by a school or local government if the playground is an incidental amenity and the operating entity is not primarily engaged in providing amusement, pleasure, thrills or excitement;
(2) Museums or other institutions principally devoted to the exhibition of products of agriculture, industry, education, science, religion or the arts;
(3) Skating rinks, arcades, laser or paint ball war games, indoor interactive arcade games, bowling alleys, miniature golf courses, mechanical bulls, inflatable rides, trampolines, ball crawls, exercise equipment, jet skis, paddle boats, air boats, helicopters, airplanes, parasails, hot air balloons (tethered or untethered,) theaters, amphitheaters, batting cages, stationary spring-mounted fixtures, rider-propelled merry-go-rounds, games, slide shows, live-animal rides, or live-animal shows; or
(4) Permanent amusement rides operated at a private event that is not open to the general public and not subject to a separate admission fee.
(5) Amusement rides that are not permanent amusement rides.
NOTE: Authority cited: Labor Code sections 60.5, 7923, and 7928. Reference: Labor Code sections 7920 through 7932.
1. Renumbering of former article 6 to article 6.1 and new article 6 (sections 344.5-344.17) and section filed 10-30-2001; operative 10-30-2001 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2001, No. 44).