|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
Article 6. Workers' Compensation Loss Control Consultation Services, Annual Health and Safety Loss Control Plan--Requirements and Procedures
| Return to index
(a) This article shall take effect immediately, except for section 339.4 which shall take effect on April 1, 1994.
(b) Provisional Certification Periods.
(1) Provisional certification shall be granted by the Division for a period of 120 days upon receipt by the Loss Control Consultation Certification Unit of an application which complies, at a minimum, with the requirements of 339.7(b) and (c)(1) through (3).
(2) The Division may extend an insurer's provisional certification for an additional period of up to 120 days if the volume of applications received results in the Division's inability to process the insurer's application within the initial 120 day period.
(c) Certification Periods.
(1) The first period of certification shall include the period of provisional certification and shall last for one year unless extended by the Division for purposes of evenly distributing the workload associated with the ongoing processing of applications for recertification.
(2) All subsequent certifications shall last for a period of one year.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 54 and 55, Labor Code; and section 11721, Insurance Code. Reference: Section 11721, Insurance Code.
1. New section filed 1-10-94 as an emergency; operative 1-10-94 (Register 94, No. 2). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 5-10-94 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
2. New section refiled with amendment of section heading and text 4-26-94 as an emergency; operative 4-26-94 (Register 94, No. 17). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL by 8-24-94 or emergency language will be repealed by operation of law on the following day.
3. Certificate of Compliance as to 4-26-94 order including amendment of subsection (a) transmitted to OAL and filed 10-6-94 (Register 94, No. 40).
Go Back to Article 6 Table of Contents