Subchapter 7. General Industry Safety Orders
Group 2. Safe Practices and Personal Protection
Article 7. Miscellaneous Safe Practices
Note: Employees shall avoid taking a position over the tire except during the operation described in Section 3326(i)(10).
(j) Installation/Removal of Rim Wheels from Vehicle Axles.
Tires on unusable or damaged rim wheels shall be completely deflated by removal of the valve core. A wire or equivalent device shall be inserted into the center of the valve stem to ensure no obstruction exists that would prevent complete deflation, before rims are removed from the axle.
Note: Tires on rim wheels with no obvious or suspected damage to the rim wheel or tire are not required to be deflated prior to removal from the axle.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 6-21-72; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 72, No. 26).
2. Amendment filed 10-12-84; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 84, No. 41).
3. Amendment filed 10-16-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 42).
4. Amendment filed 7-2-87; operative 8-1-87 (Register 87, No. 28).
5. Repealer of subsection (h)(12) and subsection renumbering filed 8-27-93; operative 9-27-93 (Register 93, No. 35).
6. Amendment filed 8-27-97; operative 9-26-97 (Register 97, No. 35).
7. Change without regulatory effect providing more legible figures 1-3 within appendix A filed 2-9-2009 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2009, No. 7).