| Return to index
(a) Pole-Supported Risers. Conductors installed in the form of lateral or vertical runs or risers supported by poles shall conform to the provisions of Rule 54.6, General Order No. 95, 1981 Edition, Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction of the California Public Utilities Commission, wherein such conductors are specifically treated, and which is hereby incorporated by reference
(Title 24, Part 3, Section 3-710-3(b)5A.)
(b) Structure-Supported Risers (Risers Not Covered in (a) above.) Risers installed outdoors on structures other than poles or installed indoors shall comply with the following:
(1) Riser conductors shall be protected from physical damage by grounded rigid metallic conduit, Schedule 80 PVC conduit, or U-shaped moldings, or equivalent, from the ground line to a minimum height of 8 feet. Suitable protection shall be continued to within 2 feet of the terminal.
(2) The riser terminal and exposed cables at the terminal shall be suitably guarded or isolated.
(3) Risers and protective covering shall be securely supported by means of corrosion-resistant straps at intervals not exceeding 3 feet.
(4) Metallic conduit risers shall be effectively grounded. Adjacent metallic conduit risers shall be bonded together.
(Title 24, Part 3, Section 3-710-3(b)5B.)
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code; and Section 18943(c), Health and Safety Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment filed 12-10-87; operative 1-9-88 (Register 88, No. 1).