| Return to index
(a) Unless specifically permitted otherwise in Section 2500.7, flexible cords and cables shall not be used:
(1) as a substitute for the fixed wiring of a structure;
(2) where run through holes in walls, ceilings, or floors;
(3) where run through doorways, windows or similar openings;
(4) where attached to building surfaces;
(5) where concealed behind building walls, ceilings, or floors; or
(6) Where installed in raceways, except as otherwise permitted in these Electrical Safety Orders.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment of section and Note filed 5-5-2008; operative 5-5-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code 142.3(a)(3) (Register 2008, No. 19).Go Back to Article 49 Table of Contents