Subchapter 4. Construction Safety Orders
Article 3. General
(a) The employer shall require employees to use the required personal protective equipment.
(b) Personal protective equipment required by these orders shall be approved for its intended use as provided in Section 1505 and distinctly marked so as to facilitate identification of the manufacturer.
EXCEPTION: Employer manufactured shields, barriers, etc.
(c) Personal protective equipment shall be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
(d) The employer shall assure that all required safety devices and safeguards, whether employer or employee provided, including personal protective equipment for the eyes, face, head, hand, foot, and extremities (limbs), protective clothing, respiratory protection, protective shields and barriers, comply with the applicable Title 8 standards and are maintained in a safe, sanitary condition.
(e) Protectors shall be of such design, fit and durability as to provide adequate protection against the hazards for which they are designed. They shall be reasonably comfortable and shall not unduly encumber the employee's movements necessary to perform his or her work.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 7-12-74; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 74, No. 28).
2. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 2-6-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 6).
3. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 10-18-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 43).
4. Amendment of subsection (a) NOTE filed 5-3-78; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 78, No. 18).
5. Repealer and new section filed 9-27-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85. No. 40).
6. Amendment of subsections (b), (d) and (e) filed 12-1-2014; operative 4-1-2015 (Register 2014, No. 49).