Chapter 2. California Apprenticeship Council
Subchapter 1. Apprenticeship
Article 10. Required Apprentices On Public Works Contract
(a) Contractors who are neither required nor wish to make apprenticeship training contributions to the applicable local training trust fund shall make their training contributions to the Council. Contractors may refer to the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations applicable prevailing wage determination for the amount owed for each hour of work performed by journeymen and apprentices in each apprenticeable occupation.
(b) Training contributions to the Council are due and payable on the 15th day of each month for work performed during the preceding month.
(c) Training contributions to the Council shall be paid by check and shall be accompanied by a completed CAC-2 Form, Training Fund Contributions, (Rev. 10/91), or the following information:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the contractor making the contribution.
(2) The contractor's license number.
(3) The name and address of the public agency that awarded the contract.
(4) The jobsite location, including the county where the work was performed.
(5) The contract or project number.
(6) The time period covered by the enclosed contributions.
(7) The contribution rate and total hours worked by apprenticeable occupation.
(8) The name of the program(s) that provided apprentices, if any.
(9) The number of apprentice hours worked, by apprenticeable occupation and by program.
(d) Training fund contribution paid to the CAC and deposited by the last day of a fiscal year into the Apprenticeship Training Contribution Fund shall be distributed in accordance with Labor Code section 1777.5, subdivision (m)(2) within 90 days of the end of that fiscal year. Only apprenticeship programs that have had approval under Labor Code section 3075 for the entire fiscal year and are in existence at the time of the distribution of funds shall be entitled to receive a share of the distributed contributions.
Note: Authority cited: Section 1777.7, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 1770, 1773, 1773.1, 1777.5 and 1777.7, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 4-9-90 as an emergency; operative 4-9-90 (Register 90, No. 17). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 8-7-90.
2. Repealed by operation of Government Code section 11346.1(g) 120 days from effective date (Register 91, No. 47).
3. New section filed 4-10-92; operative 5-11-92 (Register 92, No. 21).
4. New subsections (c)(8)-(9) filed 1-17-2002; operative 2-16-2002 (Register 2002, No. 3).
5. New subsection (d) and amendment of Note filed 4-6-2005; operative 5-6-2005 (Register 2005, No. 14).
6. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (d) filed 8-9-2021 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 2021, No. 33).