This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov
. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at https://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html
Chapter 2. California Apprenticeship Council
Subchapter 1. Apprenticeship
Article 10. Required Apprentices On Public Works Contract
§230. Notification of Contract Award Information.
(a) Contractors shall provide contract award information to the apprenticeship
committee for each applicable apprenticeable craft or trade in the area of the
site of the public works project that has approved the contractor to train apprentices.
Contractors who are not already approved to train by an apprenticeship program
sponsor shall provide contract award information to all of the applicable apprenticeship
committees whose geographic area of operation includes the area of the public
works project. This contract award information shall be in writing and may be
a DAS Form 140, Public Works Contract Award Information. The information shall
be provided to the applicable apprenticeship committee within ten (10) days of
the date of the execution of the prime contract or subcontract, but in no event
later than the first day in which the contractor has workers employed upon the
public work. Failure to provide contract award information, which is known by
the awarded contractor, shall be deemed to be a continuing violation for the duration
of the contract, ending when a Notice of Completion is filed by the awarding body,
for the purpose of determining the accrual of penalties under Labor Code Section
1777.7. The DAS Form 140 or written notice shall include the following information,
but shall not require information not enumerated in Section 230:
(1) the contractor's name, address, telephone number and state license number;
(2) full name and address of the public work awarding body;
(3) the exact location of the public work site;
(4) date of the contract award;
(5) expected start date of the work;
(6) estimated journeyman hours;
(7) number of apprentices to be employed;
(8) approximate dates apprentices will be employed;
Authority cited; Section 1777.7, Labor Code. Reference: Section 1777.5, Labor
1. Repealer and new section filed 4-9-90 as an emergency; operative 4-9-90
(Register 90, No. 17). A Certificate of Compliance must be transmitted to OAL
within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 8-7-90. For prior
history, see Register 82, No. 40.
2. Reinstatement of section as it existed prior to 4-9-90 emergency repeal and
adoption filed 5-21-91 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.1(f) 120 days
from effective date (Register 91, No. 47).
3. Repealer and new section filed 4-10-92; operative 5-11-92 (Register 92, No.
4. Amendment filed 1-17-2002; operative 2-16-2002 (Register 2002, No. 3).
Go Back to Article 10 Table of Contents