Chapter 4.5. Division of Workers' Compensation
Subchapter 2. Workers' Compensation Appeals Board--Rules and Practice Procedure
Article 15. Findings, Awards and Orders
All requests for an increase in attorney's fee shall be accompanied by proof of service on the applicant of written notice of the attorney's adverse interest and of the applicant's right to seek independent counsel. Failure to notify the applicant may constitute grounds for dismissal of the request for increase in fee.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 133 and 5307, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 4903 and 4906, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 5-25-82; designated effective 7-1-82 (Register 82, No. 22).
2. Amendment of section heading and text filed 12-23-93; operative 1-1-94. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 93, No. 52).
3. Amendment of last paragraph filed 12-19-2002; operative 1-1-2003. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 2002, No. 51).
4. Amendment of section heading, section and Note filed 11-17-2008; operative 11-17-2008. Submitted to OAL for printing only (Register 2008, No. 47).
5. Renumbering of former section 10842 to section 10945 and renumbering and amendment of former section 10778 to section 10842 filed 12-17-2019; operative 1-1-2020. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Government Code section 11351 (Register 2019, No. 51).