Division 1. Department of Industrial Relations
Chapter 4.5. Division of Workers' Compensation
Subchapter 1.5. Injuries on or After January 1, 1990
Article 7.5. Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit
(a) This section and section 10133.57 shall only apply to injuries occurring between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2012, inclusive.
(b) The employee shall be eligible for the Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit when:
(1) the injury causes permanent partial disability; and
(2) within 30 days of the termination of temporary disability indemnity payments, the claims administrator does not offer modified or alternative work in accordance with Labor Code section 4658.6; and
(3) either the injured employee does not return to work for the employer within 60 days of the termination of temporary disability benefits; or
(4) in the case of a seasonal employee, where the employee is unable to return to work within 60 days of the termination of temporary disability benefits because the work season has ended, the injured employee does not return to work on the next available work date of the next work season.
(c) When the requirements under subdivision (b) have been met, the claims administrator shall provide a nontransferable voucher for education-related retraining or skill enhancement or both to the employee within 25 calendar days from the issuance of the permanent partial disability award by the workers' compensation administrative law judge or the appeals board.
(d) The voucher shall be issued to the employee allowing direct reimbursement to the employee upon the employee's presentation to the claims administrator of documentation and receipts or as a direct payment to the provider of the education related training or skill enhancement and/or to the VRTWC.
(e) The voucher must indicate the appropriate level of money available to the employee in compliance with Labor Code section 4658.5.
(f) The mandatory voucher form is set forth in Section 10133.57.
(g) The voucher shall certify that the school is approved pursuant to section 10133.58.
(h) The claims administrator shall issue the reimbursement payments to the employee or direct payments to the VRTWC and the training providers within 45 calendar days from receipt of the completed voucher, receipts and documentation.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 133, 4658.5, 4658.6 and 5307.3, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 4658.5 and 4658.6, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 6-6-2005; operative 8-1-2005 (Register 2005, No. 23).
2. Amendment of subsections (c) and (g) filed 11-17-2008; operative 11-17-2008 pursuant to Government Code section 11343.4 (Register 2008, No. 47).
3. Amendment of subsections (a) and (g) filed 11-8-2013; operative 1-1-2014 (Register 2013, No. 45).