| Return to index
(a) The employer shall establish and follow a program of periodic and regular inspections of power operated presses to ensure that all parts, auxiliary equipment, and safeguards are in a safe operating condition and adjustment.
(b) A functional performance check shall be conducted at least once a week to determine the safe operating condition of the clutch/brake mechanism, anti-repeat feature and single stroke control. Necessary maintenance or repair or both shall be performed and completed before the press is operated. These requirements do not apply to those presses which comply with Sections 4200(b) and 4193(o).
(c) The employer shall maintain a certification record of inspections, tests, and maintenance work which includes the date of the inspection, test, or maintenance; the signature of the person who performed the inspection, test, or maintenance; and the serial number or other identifier of the press that was inspected, tested, or maintained.
(d) Any person who modifies a power operated press shall furnish instructions with the modifications to establish new or changed guidelines for use and care of the modified power operated press.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 7-17-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 29).
2. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 3-2-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 10).
3. Amendment of subsections (a) and (d) filed 11-17-82; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 82, No. 47).
4. Amendment filed 10-31-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 44).
5. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 3-5-90; operative 4-4-90 (Register 90, No. 12).