| Return to index
(a) Design and installation of the detachable grip aerial lifts shall comply with ANSI B77.1-1982 and 1986, 1988 addenda, Section 3.1 which is hereby incorporated by reference.
(b) Gondolas shall be provided with two communication systems.
(1) Both systems shall provide two-way communication between the machine room, operator console room and each loading station.
(2) Both systems shall be independent of the primary power source.
(3) Both systems shall be independent of each other.
(4) The communication systems shall be permanently installed except that the second system may be of the portable two-way radio type provided an attendant at each location is mandated to carry one.
(c) Braking systems that depend on pressurized liquid, air or gas for application shall comply with Section 3159(c).
(d) Track cable retention shall comply with Section 3159(d).
EXCEPTION TO SECTION 3162(d): Gondolas installed before July, 3, 1972.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New article 4 heading, repealer of section and new section filed 3-23-93; operative 4-22-93 (Register 93, No. 13).