Subchapter 5. Electrical Safety Orders
Group 2. High-Voltage Electrical Safety Orders
Article 18. Conductors
(a) Conductors shall be insulated, except where uninsulated conductors are specifically permitted by these orders, and shall have a voltage rating not less than the operating voltage of the circuit.
(b) The conductor insulation shall be of a type that is approved for the voltage, operating temperature, and location of use.
(1) Wet Locations. Conductors installed in wet locations either above or below ground shall be moisture-resistant or of a type approved for use under wet conditions.
(2) Corrosive Conditions. Conductors exposed to oils, greases, vapors, gases, fumes, liquids, or other substances having a deleterious effect upon the conductor or the insulation shall be of a type approved for the use.
(c) Distinguishable. Insulated conductors shall be distinguishable by appropriate color or other suitable means as being grounded conductors, ungrounded conductors, or equipment grounding conductors.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Editorial correction filed 11-2-83 (Register 83, No. 45).
2. Amendment filed 12-10-87; operative 1-9-88 (Register 88, N. 1).
3. Amendment of section and Note filed 4-1-2009; operative 4-1-2009. Submitted to OAL for printing only pursuant to Labor Code section 142.3 (Register 2009, No. 14).