| Return to index
(b) Lifting inserts, which are embedded or otherwise attached to tilt-up concrete members shall be capable of supporting at least two times the maximum intended load applied or transmitted to them, and shall be used in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
(c) Lifting hardware shall be capable of supporting at least five times the maximum intended load applied or transmitted to the lifting hardware.
(d) Vertical panel bracing used to support the tilt-up panels prior to final bolting/attachment shall be designed by, or under the direction of, and installed in accordance with the direction of the responsible engineer.
(1) Bracing shall be designed to withstand, at a minimum, a wind load induced force of a 70 mile per hour wind.
(2) Prior to the commencement of panel erection, detailed lifting and erection plans shall be prepared by, or under the direction of, the responsible engineer. All panel erection shall be performed in accordance with the plan.
(3) The lifting and erection plans and procedures shall be available on the job site.
(4) Field modifications to the lifting plan shall be approved by the responsible engineer and added to the plans and procedures available at the job site.
(5) Lifting methods and procedures shall be such that employees are not at risk of being struck by the panel or other supporting equipment.
(e) Tilt-up wall panels shall be supported to prevent overturning, toppling and/or collapse until permanent connections are completed as specified in the erection plan.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 10-3-79 as an emergency; effective upon filing (Register 79, No. 40). A Certificate of Compliance must be filed within 120 days or emergency language will be repealed on 1-31-80.
2. Certificate of Compliance filed 1-30-80 (Register 80, No. 5).
3. Amendment filed 6-21-85; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 85, No. 25).
4. New subsections (b), (c) and renumbering (b) to (d) filed 10-22-90; operative 11-21-90 (Register 90, No. 48).
5. Amendment of section heading and section filed 7-2-2001; operative 8-1-2001 (Register 2001, No. 27).