| Return to index
(b) On concrete mixers of 1 yard capacity, or larger, guardrails of pipe or similar material shall be provided on each side of the dangerous area under the raised skip.
(c) Bull float handles, which could come in contact with energized electrical conductors, shall be constructed of nonconductive material.
(d) Concrete troweling machines--of the powered, rotating-blade type--that are guided manually shall be equipped with a control or switch that will automatically shut off the power whenever the operator's hands are removed from the equipment handles.
(e) Mortar, Plaster or Fireproofing Mixers.
(1) Grid guards on mortar, plaster or fireproofing mixers of 1 yard capacity or smaller shall have a grid opening not to exceed 16 square inches with a minimum clearance of 5 inches from the top of the grid guard to the top of the mixing paddles.
(2) All mortar, plaster or fireproofing mixers of 1 yard capacity or smaller ordered or purchased after the effective date of this regulation shall be equipped with grid guards with an opening not to exceed 16 square inches with a minimum clearance of 5 inches from the top of the grid guard to the top of the mixing paddles.
(f) Tremies. Sections of tremies and similar concrete conveyances shall be secured with wire rope in addition to the regular couplings or connections.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (d) and new subsection (e) filed 8-29-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 35).
2. New subsection (f) filed 10-22-90; operative 11-21-90 (Register 90, No. 48).
3. Change without regulatory effect amending subsection (b) filed 6-22-98 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 98, No. 26).
4. Repealer and new subsection (c) filed 10-21-99; operative 11-20-99 (Register 99, No. 43).
5. Amendment of subsections (e)(1) and (e)(2) filed 10-23-2001; operative 11-22-2001
(Register 2001, No. 43).