|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
These Safety Orders shall be known as Ship Building, Ship Repairing and Ship Breaking Safety Orders, and shall take precedence over all other Safety Orders insofar as any inconsistencies are concerned. The other Safety Orders will apply to all conditions or exposures not specifically covered by these Orders.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Originally printed 4-20-45 (Title 8).
2. Repealer and new Subchapter 18 (Sections 7500 through 7506, 7508, 7509, 7512, 7517, 7518, 7523 through 7534, 7539 through 7556, 7561, 7562, 7567, 7572, 7573, Appendix A) filed 8-8-61; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 61, No. 16).
3. Renumbering of Sections 7500 through 7573 to 8345 through 8399 (not consecutive) and modification of internal references filed August 2, 1971, as organizational and procedural; effective upon filing (Register 71, No. 32).
4. Editorial correction (Register 75, No. 44).
5. Amendment filed 7-6-79 as procedural and organizational; effective upon filing (Register 79, No. 27).
6. Amendment filed 1-22-88; operative 2-21-88 (Register 88, No. 6).
Go Back to Ship Building, Ship Repairing and Ship Breaking Safety Orders, Article 1 Table of Contents