|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Storage shall be limited to that required for operation of office equipment, maintenance, demonstration, treatment, and laboratory work. All liquids in laboratories and at other points of use shall meet the following storage provisions:
(1) No container for Class I or Class II liquids shall exceed a capacity of one gallon except that safety cans can be of two gallons capacity.
(2) Not more than 10 gallons of Class I and Class II liquids combined shall be stored outside of a storage cabinet or storage room, except in safety cans.
(3) Not more than 25 gallons of Class I and Class II liquids combined shall be stored in safety cans outside of a storage room or storage cabinet.
(4) Not more than 60 gallons of combustible liquids shall be stored outside of a storage room or storage cabinet.
(5) Quantities of flammable and combustible liquids in excess of those set forth in this section shall be stored in an inside storage room or storage cabinet. (Title 24, T8-5538)
1. Amendment filed 7-16-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 29).
Go Back to Article 141 Table of Contents