| Return to index
(b) Small arms ammunition primers shall be separated from flammable liquids, flammable solids and oxidizing materials by a fire-resistive wall of one-hour rating or by a distance of 25 feet.
(c) Quantities up to 750,000 small arms ammunition primers may be stored in a building if not more than 100,000 are stored in any one pile and piles are at least 15 feet apart.
(d) Quantities in excess of 750,000 small arms ammunition primers may be stored in a building if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The warehouse or storage room is not accessible to unauthorized personnel.
(2) The primers shall be stored in cabinets.
(3) Shelves of storage cabinets shall not have more than a 2-foot vertical separation.
(4) Not more than 200,000 primers shall be stored in one cabinet.
(5) Cabinets shall be located only against walls of the warehouse or storage room with a minimum distance between cabinets of 40 feet.
(6) Separation distance between cabinets may be reduced to 20 feet if barricades are attached to the wall and are at least twice the height of cabinets. Barricades shall be centered between cabinets and shall extend at least 10 feet beyond the wall toward the center of the room. They are to be constructed of at least 2-inch thick lumber, brick, concrete block, or of steel plate at least 1/4-inch thick, or of equivalent materials. Barricades shall be firmly attached to the building structure at both ends.
(7) Small arms ammunition primers shall be separated by a fire-resistive wall of 1-hour rating or by a distance of 25 feet from flammable liquids, flammable solids, and oxidizing materials.
(8) The building is equipped with an automatic sprinkler system installed in compliance with Article 159.
(e) Commercial stocks of small arms ammunition primers not in the original shipping containers shall be stored in a magazine constructed as specified in Article 114.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment filed 7-16-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 29).
2. Amendment filed 9-18-80; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 38).
3. Amendment of subsections (d), (d)(6) and (e) filed 7-11-2003; operative
8-10-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
Back to Article 123 Table of Contents