|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(1) Smoking, matches, open flames, spark-producing devices, and firearms shall not be permitted inside of or within 50 feet of any building or facility used for the mixing of blasting agents. The land surrounding the mixing plant shall be kept clear of brush, dried grass, leaves, and other combustible materials for a distance of at least 50 feet.
(b) If ammonium nitrate is stored at a closer distance to blasting agents than recommended by Section 5253, then 1/2 the ammonium nitrate weight shall be added to the quantity of blasting agents to calculate the total quantity involved for the application of the aforementioned table.
(c) Liquid oxidizers shall be stored in a manner to prevent them from contaminating blasting agents or fuels.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsections (b) and (c) filed 10-17-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 42).
2. Amendment filed 7-16-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 29).
3. Amendment of subsection (c) filed 11-18-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 47).
4. Amendment of section and new Note filed 7-11-2003; operative 8-10-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
Go Back to Article 120 Table of Contents