|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) The assembly of raw materials.
(b) Handling activities of raw materials, such as: mixing, grinding, blending, forming, loading encasement, packaging and similar activities in the manufacturing process.
(c) On-site testing and storage of explosive materials and the packaged product through removal from storage for transportation off the manufacturing site.
(d) Packing and repacking of explosive materials for wholesale distribution.
(e) The disposal of all waste explosive materials resulting from the manufacturing
Exception: For the purpose of this Article, the manufacturer of explosive materials does not include any person who assembles or fabricates any sets or mechanical pieces for public display, and/or persons operating within the scope of a public display license, or a pyrotechnic operator license.
Authority cited: 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 11-1-76 as an emergency; effective upon filing (Register 76, No. 45).
2. Certificate of Compliance filed 1-11-77 (Register 77, No. 3).
3. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 8-18-77, effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 34).
4. Amendment of subsection (d) filed 9-19-80; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 38).
5. Amendment of article heading and section filed 9-24-97; operative 10-24-97 (Register 97, No. 39).
6. Amendment of article heading and first paragraph, new subsection (d) and
subsection relettering filed 7-11-2003; operative 8-10-2003 (Register 2003,
Go Back to Article 119 Table of Contents