|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(1) Inexperienced persons shall be closely supervised by a competent person.
(2) The licensed blaster and helper(s) shall not carry matches or other sources of ignition except when lighting fuse.
(3) The blasting crew shall wear shoes with no exposed metal.
(4) All persons not connected with the loading operations shall be kept at least 500 feet away and the area shall be roped off if necessary.
(5) Fires are prohibited within 500 feet of any black powder taken from the magazine for blasting purposes.
(6) Holes shall not be loaded while compressors, shovels, trucks, tractors, or sources of ignition are within 100 feet.
(7) Only bagged powder shall be used. It shall not be brought from the magazine until after the holes are sprung and have been cooled.
(8) Black powder shall not be used underground or for construction blasting.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of section and new Note filed 7-11-2003; operative 8-10-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
Go Back to Article 113 Table of Contents