|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(b) The employer shall ensure that the physical condition of the licensed blaster will not interfere with his or her ability to safely conduct blasting operations.
(c) A licensed blaster shall be able to understand and give written and oral orders. NOTE:Other persons may work under the direct supervision of a licensed blaster for the purpose of obtaining the necessary experience to qualify for a California Blaster's License.
(d) The employer shall require that the licensed blaster:
(1) furnish satisfactory evidence of competency in the use and handling of explosive materials, and
(2) have the necessary qualifications to safely perform the type of blasting operations required for the specific worksite.
(e) The licensed blaster shall show proof of a valid Blaster's License when requested by a representative of the Division or other authority having jurisdiction.
(f) The applicant for a blaster's license shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
(1) Shall be at least 21 years of age;
(2) Shall have at least three years experience in the blasting category being applied for; and,
(3) Meet the requirements of subsections (b) and (c) of this Section.
Note: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 142.3 and 6710, Labor Code; and Section 12006, Health and Safety Code.
1. Repealer and new section heading, section and Note filed 7-11-2003; operative 8-10-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
Go Back to Article 113 Table of Contents