|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(b) This group shall not apply to:
(1) The public display of fireworks as defined in Health and Safety Code Section 12524 and under the jurisdiction of the State Fire Marshal under Title 19.
(2) Explosive materials while in the course of transportation under the jurisdiction of the US Department of Transportation (USDOT), the permit provisions of the Health and Safety Code or the California Vehicle Code (CVC) as enforced by the California Highway Patrol.
(3) Pyrotechnic devices, fireworks and special effects which are regulated by the State Fire Marshal under provisions of Part 2, Division 11 (commencing with Section 12500) of the Health and Safety Code.
(4) The use of explosive materials in medicines and medicinal agents in the forms prescribed by the United States Pharmacopeia, or the National Formulary.
(5) Operations governed by the provisions of Group 18 under contract with federal government agencies requiring compliance with:
(A) DOD Contractors' Safety Manual(s),
(B) DOD explosive safety requirements and surveillance, and
(C) Where the Department of the Army/DOD conducts site inspections to ensure compliance.
(c) Whenever the term explosive materials is used in this group it shall be construed as including blasting agents unless specifically exempted in a safety order.
Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3 Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsections (a) and (b) filed 10-17-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 42).
2. Amendments filed 7-16-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 29).
3. Amendment of subsection (b) effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 38).
4. Amendment of article heading and section filed 9-24-97; operative 10-24-97 (Register 97, No. 39).
5. Amendment of group heading, article heading and section filed 7-11-2003;
operative 8-10-2003 (Register 2003, No. 28).
Go Back to Article 113 Table of Contents