| Return to index
When required tests under paragraph (k)(1) of this section show abnormalities, the tests should be repeated as soon as practicable, preferably within 3 to 4 weeks. If tests remain abnormal, consideration should be given to withdrawal of the employee from contact with vinyl chloride, while a more comprehensive examination is made.
Additional tests which may be useful:
A. For kidney dysfunction: urine examination for albumin, red blood cells, and exfoliative abnormal cells.
B. Pulmonary system: Forced vital capacity. Forced expiratory volume at 1 second, and chest roentgenogram (posterior-anterior, 14x17 inches).
C. Additional serum tests: Lactic acid dehydrogenase, lactic acid dehydrogenase isoenzyme, protein determination, and protein electrophoresis.
D. For a more comprehensive examination on repeated abnormal serum tests: Hepatitis B antigen, and liver scanning.
NOTE: Authority cited: Sections 142.3, 9020, 9030 and 9040, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 142.3, 9004(d), 9009, 9020, 9030, 9031 and 9040, Labor Code.
1. New subsection (n)(1)(C), (n)(4), (n)(5) and (o) filed 6-1-77; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 77, No. 23). For prior history, see Register 75, No. 29.
2. Editorial correction to history note (Register 79, No. 10).
3. Amendment of subsections (e)(2) and (m)(2) filed 1-17-80; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 80, No. 3).
4. Amendment of subsection (m) filed 3-20-81; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 81, No. 12).
5. Editorial correction of subsections (k)(7) and (n) filed 3-3-83 (Register 83, No. 10).
6. Amendment of former subsections (g)(1)-(g)(5)(B) including subsection renumbering and relettering resulting in newly designated subsections (g)(1)-(g)(3)(C) filed 8-25-98; operative 11-23-98 (Register 98, No. 35).
7. Amendment of subsection (n), repealer of subsections (n)(1)-(5) and amendment of Note filed 7-6-99; operative 8-5-99 (Register 99, No. 28).
Go Back to Article 110 Table of Contents