|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(1) The HVAC system shall be maintained and operated to provide at least the quantity of outdoor air required by the State Building Standards Code, Title 24, Part 2, California Administrative Code, in effect at the time the building permit was issued.
(2) The HVAC system shall be operated continuously during working hours except:
(A) during scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs;
(B) during periods not exceeding a total of 90 hours per calendar year when a serving electric utility by contractual arrangement requests its customers to decrease electrical power demand; or
(C) during periods for which the employer can demonstrate that the quantity of outdoor air supplied by nonmechanical means meets the outdoor air supply rate required by (a)(1) of this Section. The employer must have available a record of calculations and/or measurements substantiating that the required outdoor air supply rate is satisfied by infiltration and/or by a nonmechanically driven outdoor air supply system.
(b) Inspection and Maintenance:
(1) The HVAC system shall be inspected at least annually, and problems found during these inspections shall be corrected within a reasonable time.
(2) Inspections and maintenance of the HVAC system shall be documented in writing. The employer shall record the name of the individual(s) inspecting and/or maintaining the system, the date of the inspection and/or maintenance, and the specific findings and actions taken. The employer shall ensure that such records are retained for at least five years.
(3) The employer shall make all records required by this section available for examination and copying, within 48 hours of a request, to any authorized representative of the Division (as defined in Section 3207), to any employee of the employer affected by this section, and to any designated representative of said employee of the employer affected by this section.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. New section filed 1-8-87; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 87, No. 2). For history of former section, see Register 75, No. 29.
Go Back to Article 107 Table of Contents