|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) In addition to prototype tests by the manufacturer, and prior to initial use, each new crane or derrick, or any crane or derrick which is structurally altered due to repair, shall be inspected and tested by the certified agent to insure compliance with the provisions of these orders, including the following functions where applicable:
(1) Hoisting and lowering boom and load
(2) Swing mechanism
(3) Travel mechanisms, trolley, bridge, carrier
(4) Limit switches, locking, and other safety devices
(b) Visual examination shall be made of welds and other attachments of the critically stressed members.
(c) Where the complete production crane is not supplied by one manufacturer, such tests shall be conducted at final assembly.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Amendment of subsection (a) and new subsections (b) and (c) filed 2-13-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 7).
2. New NOTE filed 8-29-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 39).
Go Back to Article 99 Table of Contents