(a) Loose material, tools, lunch box, clothing, etc., shall be stored in a manner which will not interfere with the operation of the crane or derrick controls.
(b) The operator shall respond to signals only from the appointed signal person, but shall obey a stop signal from any person.
(c) Whenever the operator doubts the safety of a movement, the operator shall be authorized to stop the hoisting operation until safety has been assured.
(d) A warning signal shall be sounded as required, particularly when approaching workers.
(e) Before leaving the crane unattended, the operator shall be required to:
(1) Land or properly secure any attached load, bucket, lifting magnet, or other device;
(3) Set travel, swing, boom brakes, and other locking devices unless otherwise specified by the certified agents;
(4) Put controls in the “off” position;
(5) Stop the engine or motor;
(6) Secure crane against accidental travel.
(f) Before closing the switch or starting the engine, all controls shall be in the “off” position and all personnel in the clear.
(g) If power fails during operation, the operator shall be required to:
(1) Set all brakes and locking devices;
(2) Move all clutch or other power controls to the “off” position;
(3) If practical, the suspended load shall be landed under brake control.
(h) The operator shall be required to test all controls at the start of a new shift. If any controls do not operate properly, they shall be adjusted or repaired before operations are begun.