|This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov. These regulations are for the convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at http://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html.|
| Return to index
(a) Each tumbler shall be equipped with a device that will prevent energizing the drive motor which rotates the cylinder unless the shell door is closed. The device shall, however, allow for the momentary inching of the tumbler to facilitate loading and unloading.
(b) Each tumbler shall be provided with means to prevent accidental self-closing of the shell door during loading and unloading of the machine. This requirement does not apply to sideward-hinged doors that tend to remain open.
1. This requirement does not apply to sideward-hinged doors that tend to remain open.
2. Tumblers designed without doors where the work is continuously loaded and discharged.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 142.3, Labor Code. Reference: Section 142.3, Labor Code.
1. Repealer and new section filed 9-19-75; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 75, No. 38).
2. Amendment of subsection (a) filed 11-18-76; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 76, No. 47).
3. Amendment of subsection (b) filed 11-20-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 47).
Go Back to Article 67 Table of Contents